Skip to main content

The Join Live at Joshua Tree Music Festival on 2007-05-19

Disc 1:
1. intro
2. improv>
3. improv>
4. improv>
5. improv
6. improv>
7. improv>
8. improv>
9. improv
10.improv>
11.imprvo>
12.improv>
13.improv>
14.impvov

Disc 2:
1. improv

Collection TheJoin
Band/Artist The Join
Venue Joshua Tree Music Festival
Location Joshua Tree, CA

Source Audio Technica ATR20s>RS 274-883>Sony D8
Lineage Sony PCM-R300>Coax>HHb830>FFE(flac16)
Taped by Kenny Shook
Transferred by Kenny Shook

Notes

Lineup:

Jamie Shields - keys (the New Deal)
Darren Shearer - drums (the New Deal)
David Murphy - bass (Sound Tribe Sector Nine)

A stellar set. Obviously I could use a setlist, but Darren did say that it was all improv. You can definitely hear some New Deal jams.

Reviews

Reviewer: It's Recreational - - October 6, 2007
Subject: rediculously tight.
murph sounds perfect. cant wait to see them together. if your any sort of fan of tND or tribe download this show. great recording, great tight jams.
Reviewer: mikeytbones - - August 13, 2007
Subject: Knitting Factory
I was at the first show in Hollywood, and would love to hear that show again. I don't even know if it was taped or not. Thanks to all the tapers who sacrifice dancing and what not to provide a service to the community.
Reviewer: lovemusicfood1 - - June 22, 2007
Subject: Nice!
Real cool! Hey gang. Just because they ended up touching on New Deal or STS9 themes doesn't rule out the music being all improv. It could be that nothing was planned and as they jammed one of the guys introduced a theme and the others picked up on it.
Reviewer: beatfreak44 - - June 9, 2007
Subject: yyyeeeeaaaayyyeeehh!!!
good fun stuff
Reviewer: DMTheory - - June 5, 2007
Subject: best to benjamin!
>I know this may sound insensitive, but major
>buzzkill at the end of track 3, no? Beside that,
>amazing playing, a must to download!

DEFINITELY a buzzkill but also kinda funny in a dark sort of way.

Darren handles it exceptionally well!
Reviewer: Makisupa McGee - - May 30, 2007
Subject: great stuff here
set starts somewhat slow then keeps getting better and better right until they run out of time

murph sounds great with em

i was at the prior show in SF @ the indi (the friday show) and lemme tell you it was unbelieveable. in fact, im pretty sure it was a good deal better. i didnt see any tapers though, so who knows if we'll ever see it up here.

its funny how they claim at each show that its all improv cuz its def not. at this show, too, but at the indie show there were alot more easily recognizeable new deal songs and they even played some sts9 towards the end...oh well, as long as it gets the job done who cares, right?

Thanks a ton to the taper, sounds fantastic!!!
Reviewer: crossdrums - - May 26, 2007
Subject: Great Recording, Great Playing - Thank You
I know this may sound insensitive, but major buzz kill at the end of track 3, no? Beside that, amazing playing, a must to download!
Reviewer: Derreck - - May 25, 2007
Subject: THANK YOU!!!!!
Yee-hah
Reviewer: Lengthwise1 - - May 25, 2007
Subject: thanks!
been waiting for this, thanks!!!!
Reviewer: Gene Oliver Derble - - May 25, 2007
Subject: Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!
Yoski,

Thx for the upload!, I have been waiting for this!!

*Who has theJOIN's other 3 nights????!!!

Peace & Love!
Cant wait to bump this in the whip!!!
Reviewer: sciphotoman - - May 25, 2007
Subject: sounds good
this sounds good!
PEOPLE ALSO FOUND
The Join
by The Join
20,604
( 11 reviews )
Source: Audio Technica ATR20s>RS 274-883>Sony D8
Pocket
by Pocket
Source: Audio Technica ATR-20's (split 6 ft onstage)>RS-274>Zoom H2(24/48hz)
Pocket
by Pocket
Source: Audio Technica ATR20's(split onstage)>RS274>Zoom H2 @24/44.1
Pocket
by Pocket
Source: 6 Channel Matrix via Roland R26 (onstage): Channel 1&2 - Roland R26 XY setting internal mic + Channel 3&4 - Roland R26 omni setting internal mic + Channel 5&6 - Neumann KM 140's (split ~ 6ft onstage)>R26 @24/48hz
New Monsoon
by New Monsoon
Source: Matrix (AUD+SBD)>Sony D8
Pocket
by Pocket
Source: Audio Technica ATR20's (onstage, split ~ 7ft)>RS274>H2 @ 24/48hz
Blackbirdz
by Blackbirdz
2,992
Source: Audio Technica ATR20's>RS 274-883>Sony D8
Elemental Harmonics
by Elemental Harmonics
1,841
( 1 reviews )